hether you wish to spend valuable time with a loved one in a magical, secluded spot, or want to celebrate your commitment with a ceremony, My SachaJi is the romantic backdrop that can provide you with everything that you could need to make the moment perfect.
On New Year’s Eve 2014, Dayana Rivera readied herself, with her intentions and gratitude, to enter the sweat lodge at My SachaJi, an indigenous ceremony traditionally practiced at the end of the year in order to be “reborn” and start the new year afresh.
Little did she know that she would emerge from the sweltering cabin not only spiritually prepared for new challenges, but having met her future husband and soul mate.
“It was the first time I saw his soul,” she explains, of Daniel, who was also at the wellness ecolodge to see in the New Year.
And though Daniel lived across the ocean in Spain, the two continued to meet at the hotel near Otavalo, growing each time more deeply in love as they were surrounded by the stunning natural beauty and energy.
It was only fitting then that the two eventually married at My SachaJi, in a ceremony accompanied by their friends and family.
“Father Imbabura, Mother Cotacachi, the San Pablo Lake: they were witnesses to how we met and how this miracle of love was consolidated. It was very natural to return each time that we could to continue thank this place in the planet for making our union possible, and for sustaining it,” she says.
With our fabulous views over San Pablo Lake and Imbabura Volcano, a tranquil atmosphere, secluded Jacuzzi and massage treatments, My SachaJi is a perfect spot for romantic getaway , be it for proposals, weddings, honeymoons, or renewing vows.
We are delighted to offer tailored romantic packages, with exclusive features like couples’ massages, sunset guided walks and candlelit dinners, as well as all our other treatments and activities. What’s more, our new partnership with Zapote catering has ensured that our wedding packages are the most romantic yet, with the experienced caterers also taking care of music, photography and fireworks.
Lindsay and Meg Cale are another couple who chose My SachaJi as the destination for their marriage. The pair, from the United States, eloped, without telling friends and family of their plans.
“It was an opportunity to quiet the noise around us and focus on each other and the commitment we were making. We reflected, planned for the future, and spent our time in Ecuador growing even more in love,” they say.
The couple created their own beautiful ceremony that best reflected their relationship.
“The ceremony started by honoring the Earth in the organic garden, standing back to back and holding hands, while experiencing a limpia, or spiritual cleansing. We moved from the garden to the edge of the property where we washed each other’s feet with water and Ecuadorian rose petals in an act of servitude while promising to serve each other in both times of peace and turbulence.
“Afterwards we made our way to the wish forest where we wrote our wishes on ribbons and sent our words of affirmation into the air by hanging them in the trees. We finished our ceremony near the fire-pit where we read our own vows, exchanged our rings, and later sent the paper up in smoke in the fire pit,” they explain.
Our Romantic Getaway package, perfect for romantic breaks, proposals and honeymoons includes:
- Lodging with upgrade with secluded Yaku Suite at no extra charge
- All meals and beverages, including one private candlelit dinner
- Chocolate heart on bed
- Exotic fruit basket in room
- Sparkling wine bottle
- Use of outdoor hot tub and polar pool
- Guided short walk around grounds at sunset
- Couples’ relaxation massage
Our wedding package is flexible to your needs, and is ideal for religious or spiritual ceremonies, and renewing vows.
- Beautiful setting overlooking San Pablo Lake and Imbabura Volcano, surrounded by nature
- In partnership with Zapote catering, led by top local chef Cristian Puente
- Guests can choose where on the grounds they wish the ceremony to take place
- Zapote is able to work with guests to organize concept and style, time tabling, design and printing of invitations, table design and planning, and creation of special menus
- Zapote can provide online attendance register, logistic and production of ceremony and reception, all food and drinks, music and lighting, professional photography and filming, entertainment, and fireworks
- Guests can extend their stay for a romantic honeymoon after their special day